We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We redefine chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Covestro is preparing to adjust its engineering capabilities for project execution. To support the engineering process, a new organization Global Technical Contracting was established within Global Project Engineering. This new organization is responsible among other things for Technical Standards, Processes & Governance, Design & Engineering Standards and Claim Prevention.
• In your new role, you will analyze and evaluate project technical requirements to ensure
that the scope is complete and that the project team understands what has been signed
and needs to be implemented
• You will work directly with the project director or manager as overall point of responsibility
on all key contractual matters
• Furthermore, you will follow-up proactively execution of the contract and contract changes
by enforcing contract compliance, establishing and monitoring project risk profile
• You will drive the governance process for global design and engineering standards and
processes with systematical technical feedback and lead globally all technical aspects for
claim prevention processes in relation to technical design and installation construction
• Together with procurement you will ensure the development and administration of contracts
with suppliers and contractors
• You will follow-up claim situations by optimizing the interfaces and working relationships
between project and procurement
• Additionally, you will control the project back and forward-charges as well as ensure
appropriate recovery from third parties
Who you are
• You hold a university degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) in Business/Economics,
Law or an Engineering discipline
• You have some form of either academic or professional exposure to contractual
and legal concepts through additional university training in the field of law, preferably
in a legal environment
• Your profile shows long-term professional work experience in the relevant fields
• You also have global and regional market know-how for service provider and
• Good leadership and management skills as well as the ability to work with different
cultures are among your key competencies
• International experiences are necessary for that position
• You have exceptional communication skills and judgment to create presentations,
present arguments, lead complex negotiations and influence decisions
• Fluent English and German skills round up your profile
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please apply online at www.career.covestro.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation. Please also indicate your availability/notice period.
First questions will be answered by Mr Sascha Felser Phone: +49 214 6009 2047.
Covestro begrüßt Bewerbungen aller Menschen ungeachtet von Rasse oder ethnischer Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Nationalität, Glauben, Weltanschauung, Geschlecht, Alter, Behinderung, Aussehen oder sexueller Identität. Wir bekennen uns zu dem Grundsatz, alle Bewerberinnen und Bewerber fair zu behandeln und Benachteiligungen zu vermeiden.