- School’s out? Study with Covestro
- Scientific occupations
- Technical occupations
- Commercial occupations
- Combined degree
- Internship for school students
- Training with a severe disability
Chemical laboratory assistant
Areas of application
Covestro is always on the lookout for new ideas. Our curiosity spurs us on to develop advanced products and improve our existing products. As a chemical laboratory assistant, you will experience this development up close. You will analyze raw materials, intermediate products and end products, or develop new materials. For example, plastics or pigments for dyes.
You will work closely with our chemists and engineers during your training. You will use cutting-edge technical aids while working. Thanks to regular training, your technical knowledge will be second to none.
- Successful completion of at least 10 years of education
- A strong interest in science
- Understanding of technology and physics
- Ability to work in a team
- Quick to learn new skills
- Excellent ability to concentrate
Vocational course content
- Physico-chemical examination and measurement procedures
- Preparative, anorganic and organic chemistry
- Documentation of work processes and results
- Quality assurance, work safety and environmental protection
- Use of modern IT and communication materials
Duration of the vocational training course: 3.5 years
Your career prospects
After you have finished your vocational training course, you have a wide variety of further training options:
- State-certified technician (chemistry/laboratory technology)
- Synthesis technician
- Laboratory technician (chemistry)
- Following your vocational training as a laboratory technician, you can undertake chemistry studies alongside your work commitments. Qualification: Bachelor of Science
Financing your vocational training course
Your training will be paid. Furthermore, we will offer a special kind of support: if you live more than 100 kilometers away from the training site and have to move closer, we will provide you with a rental allowance for a certain period.
The application phase is currently closed. The next application period is expected to start in summer 2018.
Access your profile and track your application status
Curious about Covestro?
Do you have any questions about Covestro as an employer or about your global career opportunities?
Discover more and get in touch.