- School’s out? Study with Covestro
- Scientific occupations
- Technical occupations
- Commercial occupations
- Combined degree
- Internship for school students
- Training with a severe disability
Electronics engineer for automation technology
Areas of application
Do you love to solve riddles, to get down to the nitty gritty of things, and develop new approaches to solutions? Then a vocational course as an electronics engineer for automation technology is your dream job.
Automation systems ensure the modern production of chemical products. Your task area is diverse as you will be responsible for the assembling through to the fixing of possible breakdowns in the automation systems. You will ensure that the predefined values, such as temperature, pressure, or flow values, are properly observed. You will be responsible for ensuring a top-quality, environmentally-friendly, and safe production. To do this, you will use testing software and diagnosis systems, optimize control loops or install, integrate, and service our automation systems.
You will master these daily challenges thanks to your manual/technical skills and your good math, physics and English knowledge. You have no difficulty working independently in a team.
- Successful completion of at least 10 years of education
- Ability to work in a team
- Good practical skills
- Strong interest in technology
Vocational course content
- Assembling, installing and commissioning automation systems
- Connecting components to complex automation systems
- Monitoring, maintaining and operating automation systems
- Analyzing system breakdowns
- Optimizing control loops
- Using testing software and diagnosis systems
- Quality assurance, work safety and environmental protection as integral components of all the vocational training themes
- Working with English documentation
Duration of the vocational training course: 3.5 years
Your career prospects
After you have finished your vocational training course, you have a wide variety of further training options:
- Supervisory specialist
- Obtain the Meister qualification
- State-certified technician
Financing your vocational training course
Your training will be paid. Furthermore, we will offer you a special kind of support: if you live more than 100 km away from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll provide you with a rental allowance for a certain period.
The application phase is currently closed. The next application period is expected to start in summer 2018.
Access your profile and track your application status
Curious about Covestro?
Do you have any questions about Covestro as an employer or about your global career opportunities?
Discover more and get in touch.