- School’s out? Study with Covestro
- Scientific occupations
- Technical occupations
- Commercial occupations
- Combined degree
- Internship for school students
- Training with a severe disability
Areas of application
Boredom – not a word in your dictionary: as an industrial mechanic, you can look forward to a varied work routine and an exciting area of responsibility. Because we can only produce high-quality products if our production facilities work perfectly.
You will install and service mechanical equipment and plan and control work processes. You will recognize states of wear on our machines in good time and process materials. You must have a good knowledge of math and physics so that you are up to your future tasks and enjoy your work.
- Successful completion of at least 10 years of education
- Ability to work in a team
- Good practical skills
- Strong interest in technology
Vocational course content
- Manual and machine processing of materials
- Assembling, installing and maintaining parts of mechanical systems
- Setting up pneumatic and hydraulic control systems with the help of circuit diagrams and function charts.
- Preparing work process plans and controls
- Contact with clients
- Quality assurance, work safety and environmental protection as an integral component of all the training themes
Duration of the vocational training course: 3,5 years
Your career prospects
After you have finished your vocational training course, you have a wide variety of further training options:
- Supervisory specialist
- Obtain the Meister qualification
- State-certified technician
Financing your vocational training course
Your training will be paid. Furthermore, we will offer you a special kind of support: if you live more than 100 km away from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll provide you with a rental allowance for a certain period.
You've already applied with us?
Curious about Covestro?
Do you have any questions about Covestro as an employer or about your global career opportunities?
Discover more and get in touch.