- School’s out? Study with Covestro
- Scientific occupations
- Technical occupations
- Commercial occupations
- Combined degree
- Internship for school students
- Training with a severe disability
Search for new solutions with our combined degree program in chemistry
Constantly on the lookout for new solutions? Does the periodic table mean more to you than a jumble of letters? Do you want a hands-on, practical role but are unsure whether to opt for vocational training or an academic program?
Your dream job
If this sounds like you, then why not apply for our combined bachelor of chemical engineering program? On this program, you will apply your scientific knowledge to key challenges faced by a global player. You will also supervise chemical production processes and be involved in developing new material solutions.
You will leave with:
- A vocational qualification in chemical technology
A bachelor of chemical engineering
Your positive traits
When you’ve set yourself a goal, are you prepared to do all that you can to achieve it? Great! Students on our combined degree program are expected to bring a high level initiative, commitment and a strong sense of responsibility to the course. All of this effort pays off as it ensures that your training properly prepares you for the challenges of your later career. The program also requires you to handle tasks in a team as well as on your own.
- University entrance qualification from a school or vocational college
- Excellent understanding of technology and physics
- Strong interest in science and maths
- Quick to learn new skills
- Determination and perseverance
- Showing initiative
- Ability to work in a team
Your training and study program
Your vocational training course will qualify you as a chemical technical assistant. Alongside this course, you will commence studies in chemistry at the Hochschule Niederhein University of Applied Sciences in Krefeld.
Part 1: Vocational training course and study program (semesters 1-5)
- Vocational training: chemical technology
- ICC final examination during semester 5
- Basic studies: bachelor of engineering (B. Eng.)
Part 2: Study program (semesters 6-7)
- Main studies: bachelor of engineering (B. Eng.)
Part 3: Final project (semester 8)
- During semester 8, you will work on your final project and complete the final exams for your bachelor of engineering (B. Eng.) degree.
Your career prospects
After completing your combined degree program, you will have been trained as a chemical technical assistant and will also receive a bachelor of chemical engineering (B. Eng.). The choice is yours: you can either go on to complete a master’s program or put your knowledge into practice by taking on a position of responsibility at production level.
You’ll be compensated while you train. Furthermore, we offer a special kind of support: if you happen to live more than 100 km from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll provide an allowance to assist with your rent for a transitional period. Covestro will also cover the tuition fees for your bachelor studies.
The application phase is currently closed. The next application period is expected to start in summer 2018.
You've already applied with us?
Curious about Covestro?
Do you have any questions about Covestro as an employer or about your global career opportunities?
Discover more and get in touch.