- School’s out? Study with Covestro
- Scientific occupations
- Technical occupations
- Commercial occupations
- Combined degree
- Internship for school students
- Training with a severe disability
A career in mechanical engineering or process engineering: the choice is yours
We are innovators here at Covestro, developing and unleashing the potential of tomorrow's technologies. Without our engineers, however, none of this would be possible.
Your dream job
During your combined degree program in mechanical engineering and process engineering, you will hold a position of responsibility in production and technology. You will optimize our production sequences by using the very latest automated systems, ensuring that production is both sustainable and of the very highest standard.
Your vocational training course will give you the opportunity to really get stuck in: welding, tightening bolts, milling and looking after large pieces of machinery and equipment are all part of a normal day. During the academic study component, you will learn all there is to know about the materials you will use in the field.
You will leave with:
- A vocational qualification as an industrial mechanic
- A bachelor of mechanical engineering or process engineering
Your positive traits
Are you the sort of person who likes to be one of the first to deal with new challenges? Great! We expect each of the students on our combined degree program to show exceptional levels of commitment and initiative. The program also requires you to handle tasks alone as well as in a team.
- University entrance qualification from a school or vocational college
- Excellent understanding of technology and physics
- Strong interest in science and maths
- Quick to learn new skills
- Determination and perseverance
- Showing initiative
- Ability to work in a team
Your training and study program
Your vocational training course will qualify you to become an industrial mechanic. Alongside this course, you will commence a four-year program in mechanical engineering or process engineering at the Hochschule Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences in Krefeld.
Part 1: Vocational training course and study program (semesters 1-5)
- Vocational training: industrial mechanic
- Basic studies: bachelor of mechanical engineering or process engineering
- ICC final examination during Semester 5
Part 2: Study program (semesters 6-7)
- Main studies: mechanical engineering/process engineering as part of a bachelor of mechanical engineering or a bachelor of process engineering
Part 3: Final project (semester 8)
- During semester 8, you will work on your final project and complete the final exams for your bachelor of mechanical engineering or process engineering.
Your career prospects
Our combined degree program in mechanical engineering or process engineering provides the perfect launchpad for your career. The choice is yours: you can either go on to complete a master’s program or put your knowledge into practice by taking on a position of responsibility at production level.
You’ll be compensated while you train. Furthermore, we offer a special kind of support: if you happen to live more than 100 km from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll provide an allowance to assist with your rent for a transitional period. Covestro will also cover the tuition fees for your bachelor studies.
Are you ready for your dream job? If so, we look forward to receiving your application! Time to get started! We wish you every success.
You've already applied with us?
Curious about Covestro?
Do you have any questions about Covestro as an employer or about your global career opportunities?
Discover more and get in touch.